We met over a "guacamole show" at Ki Mexico. Hillary had been planning this for months. Three different photo shoots, three different teams, one rather awesome location. We exchanged the normal hugs and pleasantries. She added me to the private Pinterest board. We scrolled through the inspiration. We discussed color pallettes. She told me which other vendors would be involved. Then , as our time together was coming to an end, Hillary uttered those sweet , soft words.... "I want you to get creative on this". At that point...it was ON.
Personally, I do my very best work when I know that I have creative reign. But hear me out. It's not because I want to be in control. Nor do I need to feel in charge. It's because when someone tells me, "Girl I totally trust you. Do your thing!", it gives me confidence. My inner voice - the one that says, "This is too out there....No one is going to like this" - that nagging jerk becomes quiet. When a client (or in this case, a fellow creative) trusts me , I can really let loose. And that , my friends, is when the magic happens. I get out of my head and the fog clears. My hands start working WITH my brain instead of against it. The colors and textures just come together effortlessly.
The cool thing is, all the other *ah-mazing* vendors got to do THEIR thing too. And the result was just so special. When the big day came, I woke up early and made that peaceful drive out to Sainte Terre. As soon as I walked up to the shoot site, I could feel the positivity permeating through the air. I think we all just felt so honored to be there amongst other creatives, encouraging one another and being proud of what we had accomplished together.
I hope you enjoy this shoot as much as we enjoyed putting it together. It truly was a day to remember!
- Venue: Sainte Terre (www.sainteterre.com)
- Designer: Hillary Moss, Sainte Terre (www.sainteterre.com)
- Photography: Angela Groce, Unveiled Radiance (www.unveiledradiance.com)
- Floral Design: Meghan Awalt (www.meghanawalt.com)
- Pastry Design: Heather Bailey, Social Bites (www.socialbitesofruston.com)
- Cinematography: Cupio Media (www.cupiomedia.com)
- Rentals: Vintage Rental Boutique (www.thevintagerentalboutique.com) and Stache Vintage Rentals (www.stachevintagerentals.com)
- MUAH: Kendall Morehart, Fete La Femme (www.fetelafemme.com), Robyn Stewart (www.coutureuptown.com), Megan Waggoner
- Hair Pieces: Kendall Morehart (www.fetelafemme.com)
- Calligraphy and Custom Signs: Taylor Toms, All Things Taylor-Made (https://www.facebook.com/allthingsTaylorMade/)
- Dresses: Fabulous Frocks (Bride's) (http://www.fabulousfrocksbridal.com/locations/shreveport/) (Bridesmaids) Bella Bridesmaid (www.bellabridesmaids.com)